Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bliss

Day 9 Post Op
I got to take my first shower since the operation - bliss......

Regarding medications: now that the drains are out, I can discontinue the antibiotics. As of yesterday, I'm also off the Percocet, but I'm still using the muscle relaxers.

My chest still feels like it's shot full of novocaine - the surface of the skin is numb. I'd read that it was normal for mastectomy patients to lose sensation, and that it usually returns (to some extent) over time.

Being Thankful, Part 2
I also had my first post-op visit with Dr. Kushner's office. I did not see the surgeon himself, but the surgical nurse who assisted in the operation checked things out and answered some questions (I always have a list of questions). I wasn't able to drive myself to these appointments, so thanks for Jeff and Rosemary for chauffeuring me about so Pete didn't have to take any more time off work.

No comments:

Post a Comment