Monday, March 28, 2011

Status Quo

Day 14 Post Op
Not much to report. Improvements seem to have reached a temporary plateau, so for the past few days I have felt pretty much the same. Which is "uncomfortable", but no worse. I am getting out and walking for about an hour most days, but at a slower than usual pace.

Tomorrow I have 2 more follow-up doctors' appointments: Doezie in the morning and Kushner in the afternoon. I hope to get permission to do more exercise, especially to start working on range of motion with my arms.

I made my post-surgical appointment with an oncologist, that will be next week. Given my pathology results, I'm hoping that he will just review my case and say "check back in 6 months or a year". But I don't want to make assumptions, because they have so often been wrong during this process!

Being Thankful, Part 4
This past weekend, for the first time since we got home from the hospital, Pete and I had to cook ourselves dinner. We had almost forgotten how (just kidding)! Today I offer our gratitude to Denise, Lynette, Rosemary, Martha, Elaine, Pam, Susie, Isabelle, Stuart and Mary Ann for signing up to be our Meal Train. And to Denise again, for being the one who organized it. We felt absolutely spoiled rotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment