Monday, May 16, 2011

2 Months

9 Weeks Post-op
Just over 2 months since my surgery. Just over 3 since the diagnosis. It sounds like such a short period of time, but so much has happened. I suppose any great period of change has odd time warps: slow and fast, long and short.

Today's post is just a quick update. Last week marked a milestone: my first week without doctor's appointments since January. Although today I did have a physical therapy session - probably my last one. Doing my exercises has dramatically improved my ability to use my arms, and now it's really just a question of staying with the program.

The Dust
Last week was Booth Pick for the Sawdust - an event causing me great anxiety because my lottery draw meant I might not get a booth for the summer show. And not getting a booth for the summer show would be the financial equivalent of losing my job on top of everything else. However, I did get a space. And so the madness that is being an artist in the Sawdust Art Festival begins....

1 comment:

  1. Lorraine, thank you so much for posting such an informative journey with DCIS. I was just diagnosed with Intermediate grade DCIS, but in 2 spots, so looking at a uni-mast at a minimum. Your first post mirrors all the flip flops I'm feeling. At the current second in time ;), I'm leaning towards bi-lateral mast with TE reconstruction, but that's without my upcoming second opinion. It just BLOWS my mind that for a supposedly early catch a 1mm microcalcification on my first ever mammo is leading to this... To make matters far worse, my Mom was diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Cancer last month... I'll be glad to read your updates. Michele kackertfam @ gmail. com

    ReplyDelete