Monday, April 18, 2011

Professional Rehab

5 Weeks Post-Op
Well, I thought I would be announcing that this was to be my first week since January without doctors appointments, but I'm not. OK, technically it is, since the appointment this week is with a physical therapist, not an MD, but let's not be pedantic. After nearly a week of do-it-yourself stretching to get my range of motion back in my arms, I decided I want professional help. Plus I'm having ongoing problems with my neck as a downstream effect of all this. I can now lay on my side for short periods of time, although it's not really comfortable - it's just a nice change from having to sleep flat on my back.

Arranging it only took 5 phone calls:
1. Called Dr. Doezie's office to get the prescription written for the physical therapy.
2. Called the PT his office recommended to see if they accept my health insurance. They didn't actually know the answer to this question, so they told me to call their medical biller.
3. Called the medical biller, so see if they accept my health insurance. They don't.
4. Called another PT, the only one within 20 miles which came up on the online provider database my insurance company has (this one is actually more convenient for me anyway), made an appointment.
5. Called Dr. D's office again to tell them where to fax the prescription order.

No comments:

Post a Comment